Sunday, June 10, 2012

Familia

I stayed with a host family with two adorable girls. Illa is 6 and Chami is 5. They go to a bilingual school, and they had an english spelling bee one night. Illa spelled Zebra wrong and spelled Sunday and Monday correct. Chami couldn’t remember any of her words. The girls reminded me of my cousins in the US. In the evenings they watched the disney chanel, and they were going to different activities after school almost every day-karate, soccer, and sewing class. I'm actually most sad that I lost the photos of the girls.

Lots of the extended family live nearby, and were always stopping in for a chat or food. Which is very much like my parent's house.

Liz, the mom, made all meals from scratch including the sauces and juices like watermelon and chicha and pina (purple corn and pineapple). My favorite meal was a whitish yellow sauce that had potatoes and cheese curd in it and was served over rice with hard boiled egg and olives. I think it is called huancaina sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment