Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What a Productive day

Today I took the bus in the wrong direction making what could have been a 15 minute walk an hour and a half journey, bought a dress I did not need, read a trashy celebrity magazine at a coffee shop, and went to the movies.

What a productive day (no sarcasm intended).

Simply being in another country makes doing ordinary things feel like you are really accomplishing something. I took the bus in the wrong direction-but I got to see a part of the city I had not seen before and had a conversation with the bus driver in Spanish about how to get where I wanted. Maybe I didn’t need the dress, but it is so unique and “European” no one at home will have it. So I’m really none the more intelligent to know that Shiloh was batman for Halloween or that Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are not actually a couple-but this tabloid trash entered my head in Spanish. The movie actually was pretty good-Julie and Julia-but sitting in the movie theatre in a Spanish-speaking country was not only enjoyable but an accomplishment.

Wow I’m tired from all I’ve managed to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment