Monday, September 12, 2011

La Playa

It is really cool to see an amazing and famous for the first time, for Barcelona this means Gaudi, Dali, Las Ramblas, sangria, tapas, the Gothic area, and lots and lots of running around the city. It is also really cool to visit an amazing and famous city that you have already been to without the pressure to see all of the sites and do all of the things that you “have to do when you are in Barcelona.” I spent a lot of time relaxing at a few different beaches in Barcelona, eating, and hanging out with Annabel.
Barcelona was a last minute plan, as it was one of the cities I could fly out of with my miles and I thought I could go to the beach and the the Dali museum which I had not been to. I was so amazingly lucky that Annabel has been back in Barcelona for just a few weeks after finishing her bachelor’s in Rodderdam, and invited me to stay at her apartment. Annabelita was an amazing host making me dinner-tortilla, ensalada, cerveza, chorizo, bocadilla de tortilla, yum! It was so much fun to spend time with her in her home. We went to a beach in the south called. Here Annabel was disappointed because there was a huge gray cloud that looked like it would ruin our beach day, and she said this happens like twice a year in Barcelona. However, with good fortune our cloud passed and we enjoyed the sun, and water, and some weird sangria on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment