Friday, December 18, 2009

Food in France

I kind of ate like a backpacker in Paris because it was pretty expensive so chinese food, shawrma, baquette and cheese, 2 euro wine, panini, churros, hot wine, crepe with nutella and coconut, crepe with chocolate, crepe with sugar...

I did try frog’s legs one day, which kind of taste like corned beef, but I wouldn't order them again.

I tried the famouse hot cholocate at Angelinas which is a fancy cafe Audrey hepurn and coco chanel used to visited. I definately vote yes, it is worth the 7 euros. It is like a melted chocolate bar, and they serve it with a picture of water because you need it.

I ate yummy food in Albane's house in Toulouse:
Duck rilletes-kind of like tuna but way better
Saucisson-kind of cured meat
Cheese quiche
Cheese with a cherry spread for dessert
Tartiflette-hot cheesy, hammy, potatoey, stringy goodness

I learned that in France it is ok to put the bread on the table outside of your plate and you put the cup in front of your plate and not on the side. However, 5 minutes into eating my bread was on my plate and my cup to the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment