Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thank you Mrs. Moran

While I was using my computer in the common area of the hostel this Canadian girl began to talk to me. She had a serious complex about America and was very upset that we don’t think about Canada but they always need to think about us before they do anything. She was talking a lot, and I was talking a little. She did admit there was one good thing about America-netflicks-and she was very mad you could not get this in Canada. She went on some more about how books cost more in Canada and you can’t do ebay. Then she had another good thing to share with me about the US-truck stops. I didn’t really ask.

Then she wanted me to youtube videos of stupid Americans who don’t know geography. I refused to do this. All foreigners love to point to the fact that Americans apparently don’t know geography at all. Then I tell them to quiz me on Europe-I’m not great but I’m ok-thank you Mrs. Moran. Then I ask them if they know all the US states and captials, because the US is more than 2 times the size of the European Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment