Monday, December 7, 2009

zug

This means both train in German and is a city in Switzerland close to Zurich, where my great surf partner Dominique lives.

I was really excited to ride the train in Switzerland and decided to have a beer while waiting for the train. I was happy to order in my best German accent “vinter bier” and lugged my enormous backpack over to the closest standing table. I was happily eating the sandwhich julie’s dad made for me that morning and thinking about seeing dominque, when I looked around and realized converse clad me was admist all middle aged business men in suits speaking in german on their cell phones.

Dominique's family was so great to me and we had a blast!

In the train from Zurich to Paris they kept saying all this stuff in French, then in English one phrase like simply “we wish you a very pleasant journey.” I want to know what the heck they are telling all the French people that I can’t know!

1 comment:

  1. well the translation lovely Cait :)
    I remember the hot chocolate before calss for me and before zug for you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete